Monday 8 April 2013

Queued up for a renewal - the mayhem!!

I usually don't leave very thing until the last minute. So I figured that I had to get my passport renewed before my trip to London (turns out I need a valid one to purchase to tickets, GENIUS!). So I went to the bank. Took all of 5 minutes paying the due. And now I've been queued up at the immigration offices for the better part of an hour still haven't reached THE ONLY window where they stamp passports.

No wonder there is a slew of "public parking" places around. Bet they make a fortune every day.

I know there are ways to get a new passport by just going to banks and having them do the paperwork for you. But apparently the heavy lifting of a STAMP is too much to do outside these offices.

I know the fact that there is only one window means they can't justify more salaries (overhead) for the kind of work necessary. But seriously couldn't they just do this at the same bank I was at?!

And how hard is it to stamp a passport and check a "valid through" date on it? Why does it take upwards of ten minutes per person at the window?

I tell you why. Redheaded commies!! Of gremlins. What is it we are supposed to fear now? Maybe a Backson! Something. I wish they would pull their act together though. After all my taxes pay for this bureaucratic slum where we come to just get older. Little by little. Makes no sense really to have to walk in here and get it stamped.

End of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment